When applying for an ordinary (regular) passport for Nigerian nationals, there are certain supporting documents required.
How to get a Nigerian Passport
Guidelines for Acquiring a Nigerian Passport
- Local government letter of identification.
- Birth Certificate/ Age declaration.
- 2 recent passport photograph
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths Magistrate/High Court Judge
- Parents letter of consent for minors under 16
- Marriage certificate where applicable
Steps for passport application
There are two ways you can apply for International Passport:
- Online Application or
- Visiting the nearest passport office to you.
Step 1: Prepare required documents.
Step 2: Apply online via https://portal.immigration.gov.ng. Click on the type of passport application desired e.g. Fresh, Renewal, Lost, Damage, or Correction of data, or visit the immigration office for the application.
Step 3: Complete the (online) application form, select passport office in the state you wish to get the passport, make payment online and obtain reference and application ID numbers.
Steps 4: Proceed to the Passport Office selected during the online application with relevant requirements, including evidence of payment made
Note: Applicants are required to appear at the passport office chosen during the online application for a photograph and biometric data capturing if their current passport is over six months old and National number is required.